Engage Cuba is always looking for passionate undergraduate interns to join our team for the spring, fall, and summer terms. If interested in an internship posting, please send a resume and cover letter to Gabrielle Jorgensen at email@example.com.
FALL 2017 COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
Engage Cuba is currently seeking communications interns for fall 2017. This position is part-time and unpaid, based at our office in Washington, DC.
- Assisting our communications team in drafting press releases, blog posts, etc.;
- Making updates to our website;
- Managing databases of reporters and other press contacts;
- Tracking mentions and other articles of interest for social media;
- Assisting with administrative tasks and event staffing;
- Researching policy and political questions as needed;
- Other support tasks as directed—the context for our work is always changing!
- Current college student or recent graduate;
- Experience with communications, public relations, or related field;
- Demonstrated interest in U.S. foreign policy and/or politics of Latin America/Caribbean;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design is a plus.
This position is part-time, 15 hours per week. Transportation subsidy will be provided.
Engage Cuba is the leading coalition of private companies and organizations working to end the travel and trade embargo on Cuba. As a 501(c)(4) bipartisan non-profit whose funds are entirely dedicated to advocacy efforts, Engage Cuba is the only organization whose focus is U.S.-Cuba legislative advocacy. Engage Cuba is also committed to supporting the Cuban people and helping organizations and businesses navigate Cuban and U.S. regulations. The organization has the largest bipartisan lobbying operation working on U.S.-Cuba policy. Together with the Engage Cuba Policy Council of renowned experts, Engage Cuba provides timely updates on opportunities for U.S. business in Cuba, regulations, and market analysis. To get involved with Engage Cuba’s mission or learn more, visit: http://www.engagecuba.org.